East Midlands: Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Northamptonshire, Nottinghamshire.
£40,000 - £45,000
Major insurer is seeking a Commercial Adjuster in the East Midland region to deal with a portfolio of commercial losses on a cradle to grave basis. Working from a home base, you will be responsible for booking your appointments and visiting commercial losses (including property owners) and seeing claims through to settlement. You are likely to be allocated around 160 losses per year and carry a typical outstanding case-load of 50-60 losses. Losses will typically be in the region of £10,000 - £100,000 and will agree settlements via the supply chain or agreeing cash settlements. You will also utilise symbility as the scheduling tool for buildings losses.
- Undertaking assessments of allocated claims cases at the scene of the loss/event to gather relevant evidence/information, critically assess potential loss, recovery options and reserving requirements in line with established standards, procedures and guidance provided.
- Preparing and delivering case decisions and solutions to the customer, in line with agreed processes at designated level authority, to meet business objectives and the customer proposition
- Providing precautionary and post-loss/event advice and guidance to customers to minimise future claims and mitigate the impact of current claims.
- Managing customer interactions in an efficient, courteous and timely manner, escalating to more senior and/or qualified colleagues as necessary in order to deliver high standards of customer satisfaction.
- Identifying non-standard or complex claims and escalating to more qualified colleagues to ensure they are handled appropriately.
- Contributing to the production of new policy wordings or reviews of existing policy wordings to ensure policy documentation is current and accurate.
- Providing expert advice, guidance and coaching to technical colleagues to develop knowledge and understanding of customers, and customers' businesses and associated commercial drivers and risks.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate their previous experience dealing with commercial losses and work on a self sufficient basis. Progression towards professional qualifications would be advantageous, but not essential if you have the right experience.
Tel: 0113 246 0525
Thank you, your application has been sent.
Would you like to receive information about similar jobs?
Set up email alerts now! It's FREE!
Please complete all required fields and/or tick all boxes accordingly.