Niche Claims Specialist
North West: Greater Manchester, Lancashire.
£17,000 - £22,000
National loss adjusting practice requires a claims specialist to strengthen its existing claims team to deal with niche claims. As a claims specialist you will provide quality and accurate processing of claims for policyholders and ensure Group standards are met at all times along with assisting the Claims Team Leader in the effective running of the team by ensuring the processes are completed accurately and on time and providing technical advice and guidance to the team members.
- In situ as claims specialist you will support the Team Leader with allocation and monitoring of post, diary and telephony on a daily basis to ensure adherence to contractual SLA's.
- Undertake the role of Counter Fraud Champion within the team providing support to Claims Handlers in identifying risks and agreeing appropriate action along with managing complex fraud files in conjunction with insurers and third party investigators.
- Undertake the role of Complaint Handler within the team for both verbal and written complaints, including dealing with escalated complaint calls from Claims Handlers.
- Working to resolve complaints informally wherever possible and knowing when appropriate to escalate.
- Be a subject expert in designated products/schemes.
- Be a referral point for the team, for support arising from standard daily activities.
- Mentoring new starters following induction & training existing staff on new products.
- Complete MI reviews and regular tasks as required by your Team Leader such as Payment Runs, WIP & Fee Reviews, Exception and Failure reports.
- Complete 1st line QA reviews for calls & claim files for the claims handlers within your team.
- Support with the on-boarding of new products and schemes, reviewing policy wordings to provide an expert opinion and supporting with the development of new procedures and guidelines.
- Champion excellent customer service within the department through demonstration of strict adherence to agreed process and Treating Customers Fairly (TCF).
- Champion company process, best practice and regulatory requirements adherence on a daily basis.
- Maintain first class relationships with insurers and internal department. Identify opportunities and suggestions for operation improvement.
Tel: 0113 244 0846 Mon to Fri 8.30am - 5.30pm.
Thank you, your application has been sent.
Would you like to receive information about similar jobs?
Set up email alerts now! It's FREE!
Please complete all required fields and/or tick all boxes accordingly.