In House Plumbing & Heating Engineer
South East: Kent.
£20,000 - £23,000
A leading claims unit within a major UK insurer seeks to employ a Plumbing & Heating Engineer. You will be responsible for providing technical expertise to the claims handling team on the Plumbing and Heating aspects of Home Insurance claims; to determine whether claims should be accepted or rejected and to verify quantum for accepted claims. Ensuring that claims are resolved effectively and that the company deliver market leading cost control and excellent customer service.
In situ, your duties will consist of but not be limited to:-
- Provision of technical advice on Home Claims in person to the claims handling teams
- To desktop validate claims
- To contact policyholders to inform them where claims are repudiated
- First stage support to Customer Relations and Compliance Manager on related escape of water claims
- Negotiation of claim costs with approved suppliers and private contractors
- Review contractor estimates and negotiate cash settlements directly with policyholders
- Identify cases with high potential for cost savings or repudiation and arrange for a site visit
- Liaise with our approved contractors to review contract variations
- Provide technical support to the claims team on plumbing and heating repairs, methodology and pathology
- Validate customer invoices and discuss same with policyholders to ensure costs are fair and reasonable and that policy cover applies
- Provide input to the development of the business including system, process and supplier management
- To continuously demonstrate the company values and embody this through work practices
- To undertake any individual or team task or activity reasonably requested
Tel: 0113 244 0846 Mon to Fri 8.30am - 5.30pm.
Thank you, your application has been sent.
Would you like to receive information about similar jobs?
Set up email alerts now! It's FREE!
Please complete all required fields and/or tick all boxes accordingly.