Adjuster - Senior Associate
West Midlands: West Midlands.
£28,000 - £37,000
Leading loss adjusting practice seeks to employ a Senior Associate to work in its adjusting field on a desktop basis. You will be responsible for handling medical malpractice, public liability, employers liability and professional indemnity notifications and claims. You will ensure that all such losses are correctly identified and handled in accordance with client requirements and will adhere to and maintain existing market-leading standards in this sector, in relation to technical competence; service level compliance and customer satisfaction.
Responsibilities are as follows but not limited to:
- Responsibility for the overall management of specific Client portfolios;
- Responsibility for time frames and key dates within each Client portfolio;
- Responsibility for the management of each matter from inception through to completion and closure;
- Dealing efficiently with a high volume of matters;
- Identifying and dealing with policy indemnity issues;
- Reviewing and advising on Client documentation prior to issue - e.g.: Reports to Coroner/CQC/Safeguarding or complaint responses;
- Co-ordinating and reviewing medical records before disclosure;
- Dealing with disclosure of medical records to Claimant's solicitors;
- Dealing with requests to extend limitation;
- Liaising with Clinicians in order to obtain clinicians' comments and documentary evidence as required;
- Investigating each matter as reasonably required;
- Preparing liability, quantum and tactical advice to Clients
- Preparing Responses to Pre Action Protocol claims
- Dealing with MOJ Portal claims
- Providing necessary administrative assistance to Clients;
- Attending Client facing meetings as required;
In situ you will be an integral part of the division. And as such in order to be successful for this role you will have / be:
- A good standard of written English.
- Substantial experience in handling clinical negligence/medical malpractice, PL, EL and professional indemnity (preferably with a surveying background) claims and complex personal injury claims.
- Experience in handling claims/complaints in a proactive and Client-focused manner within defined service levels.
- Highly flexible and adaptive, self motivated.
- Ability to make reasoned decisions to ensure cases are progressed timelessly.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - in particular having experience in building relationships and gaining confidence when handling notifications/claims.
- Familiar with office systems, Word, Excel, documents systems.
- Is an excellent communicator and can express themselves in a convincing, persuasive and clear way.
- Please note that the role involves a requirement to discuss difficult issues of their own liability with professionals and to discuss policy issues with Insurers/Brokers.
- Provides solutions rather than problems - shows initiative.
- Can achieve deadlines in a problematic and changing environment which has interruptions.
- Is prepared to assist on simple admin tasks to ensure client expectations as to service always met.
- Has a sense of humour and can maintain it in a pressurised environment.
Tel: 0113 244 0846 Mon to Fri 8.30am - 5.30pm.
Thank you, your application has been sent.
Would you like to receive information about similar jobs?
Set up email alerts now! It's FREE!
Please complete all required fields and/or tick all boxes accordingly.