EL/PL Claims Team Leader
Yorkshire: West Yorkshire.
£28,000 - £35,000
Reporting directly to the Head of Claims, the Claims Team Leader role will be responsible for assisting in all aspects of the team performance. With the knowledge and confidence to stand in for the Head of Claims on occasion, you will be familiar with personal injury claims and possess the technical capabilities to asses and validate the merits of incoming enquiries.
You must combine these technical skills with an understanding of what exceptional customer service looks like as you demand the very best of yourself and your team to maintain industry leading satisfaction levels.
A true leader, you will be required to understand the people and culture of the organisation. You shall demonstrate clear and decisive leadership whilst creating a fully capable, motivated and engaged team. The continual performance improvement and ongoing professional development of your team is essential to the success of this role and the business.
The role requires you to be pro-active in your approach and to be confident in making decisions as well as responding appropriately to live situations, ensuring that the team meets all strategic and performance departmental objectives and indicators.
You will be required to work collaboratively with all partners, stakeholders and colleagues to ensure that there is a seamless transfer of operations between the respective team shifts covering both the core and non-core operating hours.
This will include continuous reporting to the Head of Claims (and other Senior Managers/Directors as appropriate) to inform and update on agreed performance indicators and making informed proposals for driving improvement whenever necessary.
The key duties and responsibilities of the role will include but not be limited to:
- Effectively contribute to the delivery of the departmental objectives through the claims team achieving agreed performance targets as part of meeting the overall expectations of the Company;
- effectively plan, manage, control, prioritise and communicate both your own workload and that of those individuals within the claims team to perform the expectations of your role, contributing to the successful delivery of the strategic department plan;
- Capable of assessing all new claims enquiries in a live environment to assist team members giving consideration to all relevant case issues applicable to accepting or rejecting a new enquiry;
- Certain shifts, or at times of high customer demand, the role may involve assisting the team in the handling of new enquiry calls;
- Objectively assess the authority levels of claim team members and their suitability for making individual assessments of new enquiries;
- Work with the Quality Control and Audit Lead to perform structured reviews of work carried out by members of the claim team using computerised records and call recordings to ensure that expected quality standards are being produced and identifying and acting on any issues that arise out of such reviews and where either individual or team performance is at risk;
- Commit to undertaking continual professional development both individually and with all members of the claims team with direct responsibility for helping to develop those working as Claims Supervisors. This will include planning and participation in regular reviews to identify, recognise and report on both your own development needs and the needs of those within the claims team;
- Work with the Head of Personnel to plan and deliver training to the claims team, including responsibility for training new members of staff, to ensure that call skills and technical expertise is applied consistently to all communications with customers;
- Assessing probation performance and providing all supporting documentation to the Head of Claims with a recommendation to pass or fail an individual's probation period;
- Maintaining a consistent positive message to all clients, colleagues and any other working partners that you may communicate with;
- Produce and circulate timely and accurate performance, activity reports and spreadsheets as directed by your line manager;
- Helping to develop and implement new opportunities, products and services to the claims team as part of the overall business delivery objectives;
- Attaining and wherever possible exceeding, all individual and team objectives as agreed with your line manager;
- Ongoing review of current working practices within the team to identify all opportunities to improve performance, efficiency and cost benefits within the department and presenting all proposals to your line manager and/or other senior management executives within the business;
- Capable of learning and working with all internal IT/software systems and using your knowledge and expertise to identify area of system process improvement and efficiencies for the claims team and/or wider business and effectively communicating those ideas to your line manager;
- Assist with recruitment within the team including interviewing and induction of new starters
- Attend and contribute to meetings and/or audits with clients, business partners or other suppliers as required;
- In conjunction with the Head of Personnel, establish, build and maintain an effective system for ensuring that all relevant staff training and reviews are in place and are regularly and routinely conducted to identify areas for development through individual development plans;
- Prepare employee engagement plans, team briefings and team meeting on both a regular and an as needs basis;
- Apply your knowledge and experience of the legal services industry to make quick, accurate and confident decisions within the team and for those team members requiring guidance;
- Lead by example to Inspire and motivate the claims team whilst ensuring that the general welfare and needs of the team are reasonably considered at all times to deliver a friendly and enjoyable environment and atmosphere for the team;
- Dealing with staff issues and taking responsibility for the team as a whole. Conduct meetings to resolve issues a necessary;
- Record, report, and where necessary escalate to the Head of Claims, on all unplanned absence and punctuality issues that may arise within the claims team;
- Assume the role and responsibilities of the Head of Claims in their absence;
- Review all plans for overtime as presented by the Claims Supervisor;
- Acknowledge and respond to correspondence from designated business partners in accordance with established processes and procedures.
The successful candidate must demonstrate a record of achievement against the following criteria;
- Should be currently working in the legal services industry and have an in depth knowledge of the claims industry.
- Able to demonstrate a background of call handling experience and supervising/managing a telephone based customer services team in a legal and target driven environment.
- Experience of delivering agreed values and objectives
- Technically competent in assessing new client enquiries to ensure that they are processed correctly.
- Familiar with the role and regulations of an authorised Claims Management Company.
- Familiar with leading teams in a remote working environment.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to gain the respect and enthusiastic support of the whole teaAbility to energise and enthuse the team to fulfilling all expectations consistently
- Ability to promote a high level of co-operation between all team members
- Ensuring team members are provided with all the tools necessary to fulfil their own personal and the Companies ambitions
- A flexible approach to work with the ability to adapt and plan for new and changing priorities.
Tel: 0113 244 0846 Mon to Fri 8.30am - 5.30pm.
Thank you, your application has been sent.
Would you like to receive information about similar jobs?
Set up email alerts now! It's FREE!
Please complete all required fields and/or tick all boxes accordingly.