Home Emergency Claims Handler
South East: Kent.
£17,000 - £19,000
Leading claims administration practice seeks to employ a number of Home Emergency claims handler for its busy claims centre in Tonbridge.
You will provide world class, full life cycle claims handling and to act as the primary customer contact in managing a portfolio of Home Emergency claims.
Your key accountabilities will be:
- Answering First Notification of Loss calls from policy holders
- Effectively following FNOL scripts and internal processes to capture all new claims for operating perils within the department. (Some exclusions)
- Providing excellent call handling service to customers/stakeholders
- Setting customer expectations ready for the claims journey
- Expertly validating claims with application of indemnity and fraud knowledge with the use of internal systems
- Building policy-holder confidence by developing rapport and listening to each and every policy holder specifically
- Checking that the policy covers the claims
- Taking a methodical approach to each claim and working through the processes with each policy holder
- Managing a high volume portfolio of fast paced claims through prioritising by individual circumstances from set up to settlement
- Liaising between internal teams, third party suppliers and policy holders, ensuring that all are updated to ensure the smooth and timely progression of claims
- Constantly seeking improvements in how we deliver excellent customer service
- To continuously demonstrate the company values and embody this through all work practices
- Ensuring that SLA's and KPI's are met and maintained consistently
- To undertake any individual or team task or activity reasonably requested
To be successful in your application for this great opportunity you will possess the following skills and abilities:
- Significant experience in a customer facing role required
- Call handling experience in a claims environment required
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- Confident telephone manner
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Tact and assertiveness when dealing with customers who may be distressed or angry.
- Ability to understand and follow internal processes but ability to use common sense approach on claims.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- PC literate with good administrative skills.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Ability to take on increased ownership and responsibility when necessary.
- Helpfulness and a passion for customer service.
- Drive and enthusiasm for meeting targets.
- Empathy and understanding.
- Confidence & a professional attitude.
Tel: 0113 244 0846 Mon to Fri 8.30am - 5.30pm.
Thank you, your application has been sent.
Would you like to receive information about similar jobs?
Set up email alerts now! It's FREE!
Please complete all required fields and/or tick all boxes accordingly.