Building Claims Technical Adviser
South East: Kent.
£22,000 - £24,000
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join a leading name in claims administration. This is an office based role where you will provide technical guidance to the claims handling team on the aspects of buildings insurance claims.
You will review and determine whether claims are valid and where they are not provide technical explanation.
The role will include validation of Non Delegated Survey Reports and scoping or amendments to provide quantum for desktop validations.
Key accountabilities will include...
- Provision of technical advice on buildings insurance claims in person to the claims handling team
- To desktop validate, scope and deliver claim decisions
- Provide a valid well-articulated rationale where claims are adjusted or repudiated
- First stage support to Customer Relations and Compliance Manager on complaints relating to building claims
- Negotiation of building claim costs with approved suppliers and private contractors
- Review contractor estimates, both network and private
- Identify cases with high potential for cost savings or repudiation and arrange for a Surveyor site visit
- Liaise with the approved building contractors to review contract variations
- Provide technical support to the claims team on building repairs, methodology and pathology
- To undertake any individual or team task or activity reasonably requested and in line with the company values.
In order to be considered for this role you will be educated to a good basic level and hold the following experiences...
At least 2 years of experience within the insurance industry. Additional experience within the Buildings Sector an advantage.
Experience of Xactware or other estimating software desirable but not essential as full training will be provided.
You will possess...
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Tact and assertiveness when dealing with Supplier/Surveyor Network
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- PC literate with good administrative skills
- Ability to take on increased ownership and responsibility when necessary
You will also be / have...
- Helpfulness and a passion for customer service
- High energy levels
- Positive approach
- Team player
- Completer finisher
- Drive and enthusiasm for meeting targets
- Confidence & a professional attitude
Tel: 0113 244 0846 Mon to Fri 8.30am - 5.30pm.
Thank you, your application has been sent.
Would you like to receive information about similar jobs?
Set up email alerts now! It's FREE!
Please complete all required fields and/or tick all boxes accordingly.