Property Claims Surveyor
£30,000 - £34,000
Constantly expanding property claims company seeks to employ an experienced claims surveyor / assessor.
Role to include assessing damage for buildings insurance claims to determine whether claims should be accepted or rejected and to verify quantum for accepted claims. To provide technical support to the Claims Handling Team for building damage elements of claims and first stage support to the Customer Service Team for claims with complaints arising from damage or repairs to buildings
- Where applicable, visit risk addresses and make claim assessments (validity of the claim quantum of the loss) on site and report same to the Claims Handler within SLA
- Convert customer contractor estimates to Xactware assessments and negotiate scope and costs directly with the customer preferred contractor or customer to agree cash settlement of their claim
- Provision of a high quality and timely technical advice service to the Claims Handling Team on buildings damage insurance claims
- Evaluate customer building claims (validity and quantum) from Surveyor reports and/or other relevant information (Policy and/or Claims Handling Manual) and inform customers directly of the decision to decline all or part of the claim with clear well communicated reasons
- First stage support to Customer Relations and Compliance Manager on complaints relating to building claims
- Review contractor estimates and negotiate cash settlements directly with policyholders
- Identify cases with high potential for cost savings or repudiation and arrange for a Surveyor site visit
- Liaise with the approved Building Contractors to review Contract variations
- Provide technical support to the Claims Team on building repairs, methodology and pathology
- Validate customer invoices/quotations and discuss same with policyholders to ensure costs are fair and reasonable and that policy cover applies
- To undertake any individual or team task or activity reasonably requested and in line with the company values
You will have the following skills to be able to be considered for this role..
- Drive / motivation
- Helpfulness and a passion for customer service
- High energy levels
- Positive approach
- Team player
- Drive and enthusiasm for meeting targets
- Empathy and understanding
- Confidence & a professional attitude
- Highly motivated with ability to work on own initiative
Experience / knowledge
- A minimum of 10 years construction experience, trade background considered
- Estimating/surveying experience is a requirement
- Experience of Xactware or other estimating software desirable
Tel: 0113 244 0846 Mon to Fri 8.30am - 5.30pm.
Thank you, your application has been sent.
Would you like to receive information about similar jobs?
Set up email alerts now! It's FREE!
Please complete all required fields and/or tick all boxes accordingly.