Building Services First Response Technician
London: London City, London East, London North, London West, London North West.
£22,000 - £24,000
Claims administration company with national coverage seeks to employ a first response technician who has experience in building services to act as first on site for water damage, fire damage and accidental damage restoration projects (drying, cleaning and sanitising as appropriate), ensuring customers receive excellent service whilst managing claims costs and expenses within the scope of the insurance policy.
Role involves ...
- Effective day to day management of instructions under your control; excellent communications with policyholders and any other relevant individuals
- Working closely with the First Response, Surveying and Claims teams to ensure that all instructions are acted on in a timely manner and in line with any KPI or SLA as required
- Undertaking onsite inspections, installation and monitoring of drying equipment, mitigation assessments and cleaning following water, fire and other perils.
- To ensure that works are carried out and completed in the shortest period possible and maintained as such until the claim is concluded
- Maintain claim files to a very high standard ensuring that all documents, photographs and communications are accurately recorded in chronological order for audit, complaints analysis and client review
- Undertaking triage assessments and reporting accordingly.
- Working within the team to ensure that the claim is progressed efficiently and within the scope of the insurance policy.
- To work whilst maintaining safe working conditions in line with Health & Safety requirements and regardless of location
- To ensure that all company property is kept clean, tidy and maintained to the correct safety standards
- To wear corporately identified clothing provided as required by the business.
- Preparing reports as required.
- To undertake any training or CPD or as required by the business
- To work on an on call or shift-based rota ensuring business needs are met
- To carry out any other reasonable management instruction.
To be considered for this role you will be / have...
- Full and clean driving licence
- Health and Safety training
- At least 3 years previous experience of working in construction and/or building works
- Basic computer knowledge
- Knowledge of the Insurance claims process
- Previous experience within damage restoration
- Asbestos awareness
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Tact and assertiveness when dealing with customers who may be distressed
- Ability to work within a team and with a wide variety of customers
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- PC literate with good administrative skills.
- Ability to take direction and to take on increased ownership and responsibility when necessary.
- Helpfulness and a passion for customer service.
- Driven and enthusiastic - meets or exceeds targets.
- Empathy and understanding.
- Confident and professional attitude.
- Active and energetic.
- Takes ownership of problems and drives for effective solutions.
Tel: 0113 244 0846 Mon to Fri 8.30am - 5.30pm.
Thank you, your application has been sent.
Would you like to receive information about similar jobs?
Set up email alerts now! It's FREE!
Please complete all required fields and/or tick all boxes accordingly.