Liability Claims Handler
Yorkshire: West Yorkshire.
£25,000 - £32,000
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join a leading claims administration company to handle a variety of EL/PL claims to third party damage and Personal Injury.
The successful candidate will be required to manage an allocated caseload, to ensure claims are handled on a proactive basis in accordance with the company and clients' claims handling philosophy.
The successful candidate will be working as part of a dedicated team providing a first class proactive claims handling service to major clients.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Liaison with the client/policyholder/broker/solicitors.
- Investigate allocated claims from the desk, or via referral to a field adjuster for site investigation where appropriate, to establish how and why events occurred and the legal liabilities which may arise.
- Obtain all necessary evidence and relevant documentation including detailed statements from witnesses and other informative sources.
- Determine appropriate action for resolution of the case.
- Negotiate settlement where appropriate, within agreed authority limits.
- Correspond with all parties professionally to pro actively progress the case to conclusion.
- Handle all cases in accordance with the client's requirements by referral to documented procedures at all times.
- Maintain a proper reserve at all times by regular review.
- Keep updated on any technical or legal changes relevant to your role, this may include participating in training programmes facilitated by the company.
- You will have a minimum of 2 years experience of handling PL & EL Claims including TPPD and Injury.
- Experience of handling CAR claims is desirable but not essential.
Tel: 0113 244 0846 Mon to Fri 8.30am - 5.30pm.
Thank you, your application has been sent.
Would you like to receive information about similar jobs?
Set up email alerts now! It's FREE!
Please complete all required fields and/or tick all boxes accordingly.