In House Property Claims Surveyor
South East: Kent.
£32,000 - £40,000
Great opportunity to join a claims enterprise that is growing rapidly in the UK.
In situ you will assess damage for buildings insurance claims to determine whether claims should be accepted or declined, and to verify scope and quantum for accepted claims. You will provide technical support as required for building damage elements of claims and first stage support to the Customer Services Team for claims with FOS complaints.
You will ;-
- Visit risk addresses and make claim assessments (validity of the claim quantum of the loss) and deliver the decision directly to the Policyholder/Authorised Person
- Assist the In-House Surveyor Technical Advisors as required with the provision of a high quality and timely confirmation of claim assessment and technical advice service to the Policyholder/Authorised Person on buildings damage insurance claims
- Evaluate customer Building claims (validity and quantum) from Surveyor reports and/or other relevant information (Policy and/or Claims Handling Guidance) and provide a detailed explanation to decline all or part of the claim with clear well communicated reasons
- Progress and update Buildings Insurance claims including updating reserves, cash settlement payments, contractor instructions and closing claims as required
- First stage support to Customer Services on FOS complaints including the writing of reports detailing the technical decision
- Identify cases with high potential for cost savings or repudiation and arrange for a Surveyor site visit
- Liaise with approved Building Contractors to review Contract variation; joint site visits to be arranged as required/applicable.
- Validate customer invoices/quotations, using Xactware as required and discuss same with policyholders to ensure costs are fair and reasonable and that policy cover applies.
- To undertake joint site visits with the Complex Claim Handlers, discuss and agree any issues or outstanding items relating to policy cover directly with the Policyholder
- To assist with audit and oversight of the Surveyor Network and Contractors with Regional Technical Surveyor and Supply Chain Manager assistance
- To undertake any individual or team task or activity reasonably requested and in line with the company values including being flexible and able to react in times of surge.
You will have / be
- Secondary education with qualifications in Maths and English, and demonstrable ability in numeracy skills & written English.
- Qualifications in surveying such as HNC or similar desirable
- A minimum of 10 years construction experience, trade background considered
- Estimating/surveying experience within insurance is essential
- Experience of Xactware or other estimating software desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Tact and assertiveness when dealing with customers who may be distressed
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- PC literate with good administrative skills
- Ability to take on increased ownership and responsibility when necessary
- Helpfulness and a passion for customer service
- High energy levels
- Positive approach
Tel: 0113 246 0525 Mon to Fri 8.30am - 5.30pm.
Thank you, your application has been sent.
Would you like to receive information about similar jobs?
Set up email alerts now! It's FREE!
Please complete all required fields and/or tick all boxes accordingly.