Property Claims/Subsidence Technical Adviser
South East: Kent.
£22,000 - £26,000
A great opportunity to apply for this office-based role to provide technical guidance on the aspects of buildings insurance claims and to review and determine whether claims are valid and where they are not, provide technical explanation. The role will include validation of Non-Delegated Survey Reports and scoping or amendments to provide quantum for desktop validations.
In situ you will;-
- Provision of a high quality and timely confirmation of claim assessment and technical advice service to the Policyholder/Authorised Person on buildings damage insurance claims
- To desktop validate, scope buildings reinstatement and deliver claim decisions
- Provide a valid well-articulated rationale where claims are adjusted or repudiated
- Progress and update Buildings Insurance claims including updating reserves, cash settlement payments, contractor instructions and closing claims as required
- First stage support to Customer Services on complaints relating to building claims
- Negotiation of building claim costs with approved suppliers and private contractors
- Review contractor estimates, both network and private
- Identify cases with high potential for cost savings or repudiation and arrange for a Surveyor site visit
- Liaise with the approved building contractors to review contract variations
- Provide technical support to the claims team on building repairs, methodology and pathology as required
- Oversee and manage Motor Third Party Property damage instructions
- To assist with audit and oversight of the Surveyor Network and Contractors with Regional Technical Surveyor and Supply Chain Manager assistance
- To undertake any individual or team task or activity reasonably requested and in line with the company values
To be considered for this role you will have /be;-
- Secondary education including at least 5 passes at GCSE level or equivalent including Maths and English.
- At least 2 years of experience within the insurance industry.
- Additional experience within the Buildings Sector an advantage.
- Experience of Xactware or other estimating software desirable but not essential as full training will be provided
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Tact and assertiveness when dealing with Supplier/Surveyor Network
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- PC literate with good administrative skills
- Ability to take on increased ownership and responsibility when necessary
- Helpfulness and a passion for customer service
- High energy levels
- Positive approach
- Team player
- Completer finisher
- Drive and enthusiasm for meeting targets
- Empathy and understanding
- Confidence & a professional attitude
Tel: 0113 246 0525 Mon to Fri 8.30am - 5.30pm.
Thank you, your application has been sent.
Would you like to receive information about similar jobs?
Set up email alerts now! It's FREE!
Please complete all required fields and/or tick all boxes accordingly.