Loss Adjuster/Building Surveyor
London, South East: Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Essex, Oxfordshire, Hertfordshire, West Midlands: Hereford, Shropshire, Staffordshire, Warwickshire, West Midlands, Worcestershire, East Midlands: Leicestershire, Northamptonshire.
£45,000 - £75,000
Complex Loss Adjuster / Building Surveyor – Home-based – up to £75k per annum plus car, attractive bonus, excellent pension %, DIS, PMI, 25 days holiday with an option to buy additional annual leave.
An experienced Complex Loss Adjuster / Building Surveyor / is required to join my clients’ claims department where you will lead the management and successful conclusion of high value and / or complex residential property claims.
- Project manage claims through to conclusion from £500k and in excess of £10m
- Handling losses within the commercial and / or residential sector including multi-occupancy buildings
- Determine a claims strategy for investigating and validating high value / complex building claims by applying appropriate policy wordings, considering company standards and building regulations
- Work cost effectively, identifying when internal and external experts may be required
- Coordinate works tendering processes
- Communicate with the client, or third party ensuring work is carried out within time-frames by attending site meetings
- Manage customer relationships both externally and internally
- Act as a focal point for claims that may have media or political attention, legal or reputational risk
- Carry out contract administration
- Nationwide travel and regular attendance at Head Office – Home Counties
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Proven experience managing complex losses in excess of £500k
- Commercial, residential and multi-occupancy claims experience
- Experience of budget control, reserving, financial and cost management
- In-depth knowledge and an understanding of insurance investigation techniques, house-building construction, remedial projects
- Have experience working as a Loss Adjuster, Major Claims Handler or Building Surveyor
- A background in Construction or repair projects
- Excellent project management skills, organisational skills and being capable of managing a complex workload
- Strong communication skills – face to face, verbal and written
- A member of a recognised body such as RICS, CII or CILA
- Essential to have a full clean driving licence
This is a full-time permanent role - Complex Loss Adjuster / Building Surveyor – Home-based – up to £75k per annum plus car, attractive bonus, excellent pension %, DIS, PMI, 25 days holiday with an option to buy additional annual leave.
Tel: 0113 244 0846 Mon to Fri 8.30am - 5.30pm.
Thank you, your application has been sent.
Would you like to receive information about similar jobs?
Set up email alerts now! It's FREE!
Please complete all required fields and/or tick all boxes accordingly.