Senior New Business Commercial Underwriter
North West: Greater Manchester, Cheshire, Lancashire, Merseyside, Cumbria.
£25,000 - £45,000
Senior New Business Commercial Underwriter - North West up to £45,000 plus excellent flexi benefits, 25 days holiday with the option to buy additional, full support for Industry qualifications. Excellent location, very close to the train station / motorway and offers free parking. This is a full-time and permanent role.
As a Senior New Business Commercial Underwriter you will:
- Provide a tailored commercial underwriting service to SME Brokers nationwide
- Underwrite new business
- Maintain and develop business relationships with intermediaries
- Actively encourage generation of profitable new business
- Working with Brokers to build the right solutions and services to support their needs
- Assist and coach colleagues with technical and procedural aspects of underwriting
Experience & Skills:
- Commercial Underwriting experience is essential
- You will have strong market knowledge and be aware of trading issues
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the commercial insurance market
- Strong analytical and technical underwriting experience
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Have evidence of building and maintaining strong working relationships
- Excellent sales / negotiation skills and excellent time management
- Be team focused
- Excellent IT skills and be able to work with numerous in house systems and in a paperless environment
- Cert CII qualification with DIP CII desirable
Tel: 0113 244 0846 Mon to Fri 8.30am - 5.30pm.
Thank you, your application has been sent.
Would you like to receive information about similar jobs?
Set up email alerts now! It's FREE!
Please complete all required fields and/or tick all boxes accordingly.