Home-based Property Claims Handler
South East: Essex, Kent, West Midlands: Hereford, Shropshire, Staffordshire, Warwickshire, West Midlands, Worcestershire, Yorkshire: East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Midlands: Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Northamptonshire, Nottinghamshire.
£19,000 - £25,000
Home-based Property Claims Handler - up to £25k per annum plus pension, twice yearly discretionary bonus, medical cash plan - Free parking nearby
An exciting opportunity to join an independent surveying company providing building claims solutions on a nationwide basis - you will work remotely however you will feel very much part of a busy and vibrant claims handling team where you will manage your own case load of new and existing property claims. Training and Development of staff are key.
As a Home-based Property Claims Handler you will:
- Answer incoming telephone calls and deal with incoming electronic instructions.
- Liaise with customers, clients, insurers via the telephone, email and in writing.
- Handle and resolve insurance related technical questions from clients.
- Monitor the progress of new and existing claims within strict deadlines.
- Assess claims in order to ascertain liability and make decisions either accepting or declining the claims within delegated authority levels.
- Handle and deal with appointments and management of third party suppliers such as building networks, drying/restoration suppliers and flooring suppliers.
- Buildings/Property Claims handling experience from cradle to grave - EssentialExcellent customer services skills within a telephone environment - Essential
- Be able to work within a targeted environment - Essential
- Diary management experience - Essential
- Experience of booking and arranging appointments - Essential
- The ability to manage and prioritise own workload - Essential
- Experience of handling and dealing with challenging situations - Essential
- Experience of handling complaints - Essential
- Possess excellent empathy skills being able to handle customers who have had losses / damage to their homes via fire, flood & water impact
This is a full-time, permanent role working 40 hours per week Monday to Friday between 8am - 6pm - overtime will be available
Tel: 0782 111 9773
Adjusting Appointments Limited
Thank you, your application has been sent.
Would you like to receive information about similar jobs?
Set up email alerts now! It's FREE!
Please complete all required fields and/or tick all boxes accordingly.