Legal Expenses Claims Handler
South East: Kent.
£25,000 - £30,000
Legal Expenses Claims Handler – up to £30k per annum – Kent
An experienced Legal Expenses Claims Handler is required to join an established Claims Management organisation based in Kent where you will be responsible for all claims under LEI policies, liaising with policyholders, insurers, third parties and suppliers.
As a Legal Expenses Claims Handler you will:
- Handle claims under LEI policies, including Claimant and Defendant actions
- Deal with a variety of claims including personal injury, consumer disputes, property disputes, tax, employment, education, probate and identity theft
- Review and interpret cover under policies and advising policyholders on cover
- Instruct and liaise with external legal service providers
- Handle the ongoing management of claims managing own caseload working to KPI’s
- Attending and reporting to senior management
- Answer first notification of loss calls from policyholders across a variety of clients and products
- Request and gather documents and information from customers such as receipts, photographs or accident reports
- Arrange for payments to be made within authority levels
- Legal qualifications, including a law degree and/or solicitors qualifying exam
- Experience of handling legal disputes, including litigation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Accurate with a high level of attention to detail
- Tact and assertiveness when dealing with customers who may be distressed or angry
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to take on increased ownership and responsibility when necessary
- The ability to work individually and proactively, as well as part of a team
- Ability to undertake and embrace new tasks/roles as required
- Helpfulness and a passion for customer service
- Driven and enthusiastic - meets or exceeds targets
- Empathy and understanding
- Confident and professional attitude
- Takes ownership of problems and drives for effective solutions
- Legal experience preferably in the insurance sector
- Good understanding of Court Procedure Rules and litigation management
- Proven capability of claims negotiation with policyholders and third parties
Tel: 0782 111 9773
Thank you, your application has been sent.
Would you like to receive information about similar jobs?
Set up email alerts now! It's FREE!
Please complete all required fields and/or tick all boxes accordingly.