Civil Litigation Solicitor
Yorkshire: West Yorkshire.
£30,000 - £32,000
An Award winning Leeds law firm is seeking an experienced Civil Litigator to join their expanding Litigation team. You will play a vital role by working closely with the Director developing and promoting the fast-growing Civil and Financial Litigation Department.
The role will be diverse covering all areas of civil practice and dispute resolution. You will manage a case load of civil matters and will be required to work alongside other departments within the Solicitors Firm to support the products and services they offer.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Taking instructions from new clients
- Providing verbal and written advice to clients in relation to their dispute
- Drafting court documents
- Negotiating settlements
- Provide Independent Legal Advice to clients in relation to personal guarantees, loans and mortgage
- Providing support and advice to Corporate and Commercial clients who are retained by the Property and Employment Department
- Assist the Director
- Experience of at least 1 year plus PQE working within Civil Litigation.
- Fast Track and Multi Track Litigation experience
- Experience of handling claims in professional negligence, breach of contract, misrepresentation and defamation are preferable
- Being able to act on behalf of large commercial clients
- Knowledge and understanding of Financial Services Litigation (i.e. mortgages, loans, pensions, investments)
- Experience and understand of handling landlord and tenant disputes
- Excellent communication skills and confident
- Time management and organisational skills
- The ability to work in a pressured and demanding environment
- Team player
Salary competitive based on experience. Working hours are Monday to Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm - Flexible working considered.
Tel: 0782 111 9773
Thank you, your application has been sent.
Would you like to receive information about similar jobs?
Set up email alerts now! It's FREE!
Please complete all required fields and/or tick all boxes accordingly.