Claims Handler (TPA)
West Midlands: Staffordshire.
£18,000 - £21,000
Insurance Claims Handler - Staffordshire - up to £21k per annum, free parking, flexi holidays, private health care, pension, opportunity to progress
A specialist TPA claims handling organisation who work closely with insurers, brokers and building service companies throughout the UK are now expanding due to significant growth. If you are passionate about people, have a big team spirit and want to provide the best customer service please do get in touch. You will be joining a fast paced, forward thinking company putting their staff and their services at the forefront of what they do. As a TPA Insurance Claims Handler you will proactively manage and settle a portfolio of insurance claims across homebuyer protection, gadget, household and property classes. Working hours 37.5 per week, Monday to Friday.
- Act as the first point of customer contact in response to new insurance claims ensuring a rapid response
- Create claims files, logging and gathering comprehensive details on the claims
- Handle claims queries in relation to policy cover, claims status, policy exclusions and excesses
- Manage all claims from first notification through to completion
- Liaise with all relevant parties building rapport and a positive working relationship to help manage the customer journey and help deliver the right outcome
- Ensure the accuracy of reserves, file status and diaries
- Identify potential recoveries and manage the end to end recovery process
- Negotiate effectively with stakeholders and suppliers to ensure a fair settlement is achieved
- Identify and report any concerns in relation to fraud and take appropriate action
- Experience and knowledge of Household Claims
- General building knowledge (advantageous)
- Previous customer service experience
- Investigation skills
- Ability to take initiative when handling claims
- Able to work to targets and deadlines whilst remaining focussed during high volume periods
- Proven ability to identify potential fraudulent activity
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbally
- Good IT skills with the ability to use multiple systems (Microsoft, bespoke packages)
- Excellent organisation skills
- Have the willingness to take on supervisory responsibilities in the absence of the team leader (desirable)
- Complaint handling skills (desirable)
- CII qualified to Cert CII (desirable)
Tel: 0782 111 9773
Adjusting Appointments Limited
Thank you, your application has been sent.
Would you like to receive information about similar jobs?
Set up email alerts now! It's FREE!
Please complete all required fields and/or tick all boxes accordingly.