Liability Claims Handler
North West: Lancashire.
£28,000 - £32,000
Liability Claims Handler - Lancashire Hybrid working - up to £32k per annum plus bonus, pension, DIS and free parking
One of the UK's largest specialist Loss Adjusting and Claims management companies who have an excellent reputation within the Industry are now seeking an experienced Liability Claims Handler to join their vastly experienced Corporate team. You will play a vital part within the business by managing your own portfolio of EL/PL and Property Damage claims whilst supporting and developing relationships with Insurers, Corporate and Broker clients and their policyholders.
Hours are Monday to Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm, Hybrid working is offered where you will work part office part home-based, free parking is available on site.
- Handle your own Liability claims
- Carry out desk top investigationUtilise the filed adjusters as and when required
- Identify liability, indemnity and quantum issues
- Instruct internal field force to investigate claims as appropriate
- Chase reports ensuring received within timescalesAssess and accurately maintain reserves throughout the lifecycle of the claims
- Ensure quantum is assessedNegotiate settlement of damages and costs on the best available termsLiaise effectively with all relevant parties ensuring claims are proactively managed
- Manage workloads and diary systems
- Ensure client queries are responded to within timescales and compliant
- Action any complaintsMaintain a high degree of knowledge and competence in respect of technical issues, including case law and changes to CPR
- Liability Claims Handling experience - essential
- Experience of handling EL/PL and property damage third party losses
- The ability to manage you own portfolio of Liability claims
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Sound understanding of legal principles/processes and policy coverage
- Exceptional communication skills both verbally and written
- High degree of IT literacy
- Cert CII/Cert CILA or working towards
Tel: 0782 111 9773
Adjusting Appointments Limited
Thank you, your application has been sent.
Would you like to receive information about similar jobs?
Set up email alerts now! It's FREE!
Please complete all required fields and/or tick all boxes accordingly.