Desk-Top Liability Claims Handler
Yorkshire: West Yorkshire.
£28,000 - £35,000
Desk Top Liability Claims Handler - Leeds - up to £35,000 per annum plus an excellent benefits package, offering a full training development programme with the opportunity to progress and help and support towards Industry qualifications (CILA), 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, Healthcare, Pension, Employee wellbeing assistance and Life Assurance. Working hours 35 hours per week Monday to Friday.
A global Loss Adjusting organisation who are truly passionate and understanding by offering a flexible working model and by full embracing and supporting individuals to grow and develop, are now seeking an experienced Liability Claims Handler to join their Liability Team where you will conduct from the desk, in order to form a reasoned and substantiated view on both policy and legal liability matters pertinent to civil claims, covering the UK, Northern Ireland and Scotland. The role requires involvement in, Employers Liability, Public Liability Injury and Product Liability claims of differing values, working both independently and under referral.
You will be dealing with these claims on behalf of clients, using your skills and experience to assess policy coverage, endorsements, liability and quantum through to settlement on a cradle to grave basis.
Already experienced within the claims arena, you will have the ability to identify suspicious information and apply correct procedures to avoid fraudulent claims, identify and evaluate evidence. Identify policy indemnity issues. Additionally, you will answer correspondence, deal with incoming calls, issue client updates and maintain a proactive diary process.
The role can be working from the Leeds office either full-time or hybrid with the flexibly between the office and home, which helps support a healthy work/life balance. When you do spend time in the office, you will experience bright and open surroundings which offer excellent areas for collaboration as well as desk space. It is an ideal environment for working alongside and interacting with the team.
- Liaise with clients and brokers receiving instructions on claims
- Assist with the implementation of appropriate and timely investigations in order to assess allegations made against clients and their Insured`s, and to provide advice and assistance regarding claims procedure to enable a view to be reached on likely policy and/or legal liability
- Carry out virtual site visits
- Assistance in the collation of all relevant information, photographs, statements and documentation to assess liability
- Liaise with all parties throughout the lifecycle of the claim process within client service standards
- To undertake litigation management where appropriate
- Ensure all databases, files and correspondence are correctly maintained and provide a clear and concise history of events, actions and quantum assessment
- To ensure that work in progress and new case workflows are managed within agreed KPIs.
- To assist in the implementation of relevant fraud detection investigations and to facilitate the handling of all claims from end to end in accordance with requirements of relevant portal and Pre-Action protocols.
- Liability Claims Handling experience, cradle to grave
- EL/PL and Product Liability claims handling experience
- Good understanding of insurance law/policy interpretation
- Good understanding of contract, statute and tort law
- Good investigation skills
- Experience of interfacing with insurer and broker clients desirable
- Able to influence attitudes and opinions of others and gain agreement to proposals, plans and ideas
- Excellent listening skills and be able to respond to people effectively
- Communicates clearly and concisely, including dispersal of information relevant to ongoing modifications to client requirements
- Good IT skills with a passion for using the latest technology
- Experienced in using virtual video calls/site visits
- Industry qualifications, be working towards or willing to work towards - CILA
- Competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Flexible working
- Healthcare scheme
- A Self Invested Personal Pension Scheme
- Holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays
- Discounts on various products and services
- Employee assistance programme for employee wellbeing
- Life assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Voluntary benefits
Tel: 0782 111 9773
Adjusting Appointments Limited
Thank you, your application has been sent.
Would you like to receive information about similar jobs?
Set up email alerts now! It's FREE!
Please complete all required fields and/or tick all boxes accordingly.