South East: Kent.
Senior Litigator - Kent – excellent annual salary per annum plus up to 10% annual Bonus, fully funded and support towards Industry qualifications, customer services incentives/payments, pension, newly built on-site gym, parking and free daily refreshments
An established Claims Management Organisation providing a first class Claims Management service to the Insurance Industry throughout the UK, are now seeking an experienced Senior Litigator handle the conduct of litigation of claims arising under Motor and Household policies, liaising with insurers, their policyholders, third parties and suppliers. This is a full-time role working Monday to Friday 37.5 hours per week.
- Handle the conduct of the litigation of claims arising under Motor and Household policies, predominantly Claimant actions
- Handle a variety of claims involving damage to motor vehicles, homes and contents
- Actions will be brought mainly in the Small Claims Court
- Manage your own caseload under supervision
- Review documents and advise on liability, quantum and strategy
- Conduct investigations including document searches
- Carry out legal research
- Instruct experts and counsel as required
- Draft pleadings, applications and statements
- Attend court as necessary
- Participate in settlement negotiations and ADR
- Maintain an effective claims handling and diarising system
- Provide an exceptional customer service
- Work to agreed timelines
- Ensure relevant level of technical understanding with continuous development and training
- Be self-motivated to work independently, managing your time and prioritising your workload appropriately
- Manage multiple activities by prioritising important tasks
- Relevant legal qualifications including a Law Degree and/or Legal Practice Course and/or Ilex
- Experience of handling litigation within the insurance sector
- Experience in managing other team members of a department
- Good understanding of Court Procedure Rules and Litigation management
- Proven capability of claims negotiation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Tact and assertiveness when dealing with third parties and opponents
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Accurate with a high level of attention to detail
Tel: 0782 111 9773
Adjusting Appointments Limited
Thank you, your application has been sent.
Would you like to receive information about similar jobs?
Set up email alerts now! It's FREE!
Please complete all required fields and/or tick all boxes accordingly.