First Response Technician - Water
London: London City, London East, London North, London South East, London South West, London West, London North West, North West: Greater Manchester, Cheshire, Lancashire, Merseyside, Cumbria, South East: Bedfordshire, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, East Sussex, Essex, Hampshire, Kent, Oxfordshire, Surrey, Hertfordshire, West Sussex, South West: Devon, Bristol, Cornwall, Somerset, Dorset, Gloucestershire, Wiltshire, Wales: North Wales, Cardiff, Newport, Swansea, West Midlands: Hereford, Shropshire, Staffordshire, Warwickshire, West Midlands, Worcestershire, Yorkshire: East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, North East: County Durham, Northumberland, Teesside, Tyne and Wear, Scotland: Central belt, Dumfries & Galloway, Highlands & Aberdeen, East Anglia: Cambridgeshire, Norfolk, Suffolk, East Midlands: Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Northamptonshire, Nottinghamshire.
£23,000 - £27,000
First Response Technician - Water – UK remote working – up to £27k per annum, 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday, Weekends and Overtime are paid time and a half, Van and equipment provided, annual discretionary bonus up to 10%, fully funded and support towards Industry qualifications, pension, 22 days holiday plus bank holidays
An established Claims Management Organisation providing a first class Claims Management service to the Insurance Industry throughout the UK, are now seeking an experienced First Response Technician where you will join a nationwide team undertaking disaster restoration projects following floods and escape of water (drying, cleaning and sanitising as appropriate) ensuring customer receive an exceptional service whilst managing claims costs and expenses within the scope of the insurance policy.
- Day to day effective management of instructions under your control; excellent communications with policyholders and any other relevant individuals
- Work closely with the first response, surveying and claims teams to ensure that all instructions are acted on in a timely manner and in line with any KPI or SLA as required
- Undertaking onsite inspections, installation and monitoring of drying equipment, mitigation assessments and cleaning following water and other water related perils
- Ensure work is carried out and completed in the shortest period possible and maintained as such until the claim is concluded
- Maintain claims files to a very high standard ensuring that all documents, photographs and communications are accurately recorded for audit, complaints analysis and client review
- Undertake triage assessments and reporting accordingly
- Maintain safe working conditions in line with H&S requirements and regardless of location
- To ensure that all company property is kept clean, tidy and maintained to the correct safety standards
- To wear corporately identified clothing provided as required by the business
- Prepare reports as required
- Undertake any training or CPD or as required by the business
- To work on an on call or shift-based rota ensuring business needs are met
- Carry out any other reasonable management instruction
- Full clean driving licence with no more than 3 points
- Health and safety training
- At least 2 years previous experience of working in construction and/or building works
- Knowledge of the Insurance claims process
- Previous experience within damage restoration
- Asbestos awareness
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Tact and assertiveness when dealing with customers who may be distressed
- Ability to work in a team and with a wide variety of customers
- Able to work under pressure and within deadlines
Tel: 0782 111 9773
Adjusting Appointments Limited
Thank you, your application has been sent.
Would you like to receive information about similar jobs?
Set up email alerts now! It's FREE!
Please complete all required fields and/or tick all boxes accordingly.