Liability Claims Handler
South East: Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Hertfordshire, London: London North, East Midlands: Northamptonshire.
£28,000 - £34,000
One of the UK's largest specialist Loss Adjusting and Claims management companies who have an excellent reputation within the Industry are now seeking an experienced Liability Claims Handler to join their vastly experienced TP team. You will play a vital part within the business by proactively managing your own portfolio of Public Liability / Third Party Property Damage claims, including the investigation, negotiation and settlement whilst supporting and developing relationships with Insurers, Corporate and Broker clients and their policyholders.
Hours are Monday to Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm, Hybrid working is offered where you will work part office part home-based, free parking is available on site.
- Assist the team of Liability Adjusters with the day-to-day management of their claims caseload and diary
- Support Liability Adjusters with the management of their claims by helping to bring the claims to completion within strict timelines
- Identify liability, indemnity and quantum issues
- Instruct internal field force to investigate claims as appropriate
- Chase reports ensuring received within timescales
- Assess and accurately maintain reserves throughout the lifecycle of the claims
- Ensure quantum is assessed
- Negotiate settlement of damages and costs on the best available terms
- Liaise effectively with all relevant parties ensuring claims are proactively managed
- Manage workloads and diary systems
- Ensure client queries are responded to within timescales and compliant
- Action any complaints
- Maintain a high degree of knowledge and competence in respect of technical issues, including case law and changes to CPR
- Oversee and action claims assigned to Sub-Contractors, maintaining communication with all parties
- Liability Claims Handling experience - essential
- Experience of handling PL and property damage third party losses
- The ability to manage your own portfolio of Liability claims
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Sound understanding of legal principles/processes and policy coverage
- The ability to work under pressure whilst adhering to strict deadlines
- Exceptional communication skills both verbally and written
- High degree of IT literacy
- Cert CII/Cert CILA or working towards
- Hybrid working - up to £34k per annum
- Free Parking.
Tel: 0782 111 9773
Adjusting Appointments Limited
PLEASE NOTE: there is an issue with the APPLY NOW form at the moment, we are working on a fix. Please email your details to email@example.com whilst we resolve this. Thank you
Thank you, your application has been sent.
Would you like to receive information about similar jobs?
Set up email alerts now! It's FREE!
Please complete all required fields and/or tick all boxes accordingly.