South East: Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Hampshire, Hertfordshire, West Sussex, South West: Dorset, Yorkshire: East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, North East: County Durham, Northumberland, Teesside, Tyne and Wear.
£40,000 - £60,000
- Building Consultants are required in the following areas: Dorset, Hampshire, West Sussex, Yorkshire, North East and Northern Homes Counties.
- You will work from a home base covering your local region dealing with a portfolio of domestic and commercial subsidence related losses for an award winning team.
- You will be expected to deal with the diagnosis, mitigation and repairs.
- Losses will be dealt with both via digital technology at a desk base and by face to face on site in your local area.
- All the losses will be dealt with from notification to conclusion.
- Candidates must have obtained or working towards chartered building professional qualification, e.g. MCIOB, MRICS, MICE and ideally an insurance qualification, e.g. CILA or CII
- You must have a detailed knowledge of structural defects affecting buildings
- The ability to diagnose the cause of Subsidence or others damage to domestic and commercial buildings
- An understanding of how to mitigate against Subsidence damage continuing
- Knowledge of repair techniques to damaged buildings and their drainage, particularly in respect of subsidence damage
- Experience of insurance claims handling would be advantageous, but is not essential as training will be provided.
- The ability to be decisive in resolving matters, an appreciation of the importance of delivering outstanding customer service, excellent communication and empathy skills
- A good working knowledge of IT, most Microsoft packages and Apple apps and ability to operate both Windows and Apple hardware devices
- A knowledge of CDM and Party wall legislation
- The ability to work in a home-based role but closely with a remote team of support staff and other colleagues, undertake visits as required, as well as managing and planning your own workload whilst delivering professional advice to both claimants and insurers
- A full UK Driving Licence
Tel: 0777 622 2964
Adjusting Appointments Limited
PLEASE NOTE: there is an issue with the APPLY NOW form at the moment, we are working on a fix. Please email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org whilst we resolve this. Thank you
Thank you, your application has been sent.
Would you like to receive information about similar jobs?
Set up email alerts now! It's FREE!
Please complete all required fields and/or tick all boxes accordingly.