Recovery Claims Handler
South East: Kent.
£20,000 - £24,000
Leading claims administration company seeks to employ an experienced recoveries handler for their busy property motor claims team. You will be required to recover the maximum amount possible for Insurer Clients where liability on a claim may be attributed to a third party. To maintain your portfolio in an efficient manner to ensure that you are working effectively and delivering market leading cost control and excellent customer service.
Your key accountabilities are...
- Pursue recovery of Insurer Clients' outlay where liability on a claim may be attributed to a third party
- Provide guidance and direction to claims staff to ensure the recovery prospects on cases are safeguarded as far as possible
- Commence work on all larger value losses at an early stage to ensure work on the recovery aspect of the claims starts at the earliest opportunity, with particular emphasis on the legal recoverability of each claim.
- Review and prepare cases for panel solicitors to support litigation, dealing with cases in house where appropriate
- Ongoing case management of debts being pursued by solicitors, giving instructions within own level of authority or making recommendations to your Team Leader regarding matters outside own authority.
- Recommend discontinuation of recovery where there is little prospect if success
- Ensure that complaints are recorded on the complaints system in an accurate and timely manner.
- Pass all audits at 95% or above
- Provide excellent customer service
- Manage own workload including hitting KPIs with PH and non PH communication
- Plan and execute strategic initiatives to agreed timelines.
- Ensure a relevant level of technical understanding with continuous development and learning.
- To undertake any individual or team task or activity reasonably requested and in line with the company values
This is a well sought after role. Therefore to be considered for this position you will have...
- At least 2 years' experience in a Customer Service role
- Previous experience of working in insurance claims recovery
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a polite telephone manner
- Capability to vary approach
- Tact and assertiveness when dealing with customers who may be distressed or angry
- Motivate oneself as well as the peers
- Ability to take on increased ownership and responsibility when necessary
- The ability to work individually and proactively, as well as part of a team
- Ability to undertake and embrace new tasks/roles as required
- Helpfulness and a passion for customer service
- High energy levels
- Positive approach
- Team player
- Drive and enthusiasm for meeting targets
- Empathy and understanding
- Confidence & a professional attitude
Tel: 0113 244 0846 Mon to Fri 8.30am - 5.30pm.
Thank you, your application has been sent.
Would you like to receive information about similar jobs?
Set up email alerts now! It's FREE!
Please complete all required fields and/or tick all boxes accordingly.