Assistant Claims Manager
Yorkshire: South Yorkshire, East Midlands: Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire.
£30,000 - £40,000
Leading motor claims management provider seeks to employ an assistant claims manager. The aim of this appointment is to bring the company up to being the highest performing specialist motor claims management provider. This will be done through the proactive management of claims, at the individual and portfolio level, to optimise spend and achieve high levels of satisfaction for the insured and broker through high quality claim management, resolution and excellent client service. Clear documentation, analysis and communication are critical to success in the role.
Your key responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Proactively manage individual claims from notification to closure, investing the necessary level of involvement required for each claim depending on, inter alia, the nature, category, maturity, type and quantum of the claim.
- Follow at all times the companies Claims Reserving Philosophy and Claims Standards.
- Develop, iterate, document and execute claims strategies taking into account uncertainties, key decisions, potential outcomes and estimated associated costs.
- Understand and implement the companies "Treating Customers Fairly" policy.
- Manage claims portfolio(s) to optimise performance including:
- Regularly review individual claims within the portfolio and keep reserves and records up to date as required by the claims controls and standards.
- Identify issues and trends in the portfolio and take appropriate and/or corrective action.
- Keep managers and finance advised of any claims as set out in your claims authority that are likely to effect recoveries and or customer experience.
- Develop an understanding of claims management strategies for your area and contribute to business development opportunities and review meetings by attending client meetings to explain the philosophy and approach to claims handling and discussing any claims issues
- Operate within your approved claims authority at all times.
- Have thorough knowledge of industry regulations and minimum standards to ensure compliance with the regulations and underwriting control standards and protocols.
- Work proactively to develop and manage strong relations with key brokers and insureds.
- Promote the brand of excellence and professionalism in client service
You will come from a hands on operational role with extensive exposure to the full claims management process.
You will have / be:
Knowledge and Experience
Functional knowledge & understanding:
- Motor claims management process
- First notification of loss
- Fault and non-fault claims management
- Vehicle repair provision
- Vehicle replacement
- Total loss claims management
- Credit hire/repair (provision and defence)
- Third party capture
- Outlay recovery
Aptitude and Disposition
- Outcome focussed, self-motivated, flexible and enthusiastic
- Professional approach to successfully interact with senior management/ colleagues/ external suppliers
- Influencing others
- Attention to detail
- Team work
- Analytical thinking
- Managing resources effectively
Tel: 0113 244 0846 Mon to Fri 8.30am - 5.30pm.
Thank you, your application has been sent.
Would you like to receive information about similar jobs?
Set up email alerts now! It's FREE!
Please complete all required fields and/or tick all boxes accordingly.