Client Account Adviser
North West: Greater Manchester.
£20,000 - £32,000
Client Account Adviser – Manchester – Excellent annual basic salary plus a comprehensive benefits package & 25 days holiday. Offering flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday
As a Client Account Handler you will join the busy Manchester City Centre team where you will be responsible for providing high quality and an innovative service to meet client needs.
About the Role
As a Client Account Adviser some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Work with Client Managers to ensure the highest level of service to each assigned Client. This includes liaising with Client Managers to fully understand the Client’s business and insurance requirements, contributing to the formulation of the Service Plan, Reports, Presentations and any other client documents etc., as required including visits to Clients, and communicating terms of settlement to Client, ensure premiums are debited (and allocated appropriately where necessary) and assist with maintenance of credit control standards.
- Identify potential improvements in Client risk & insurance programme design and make recommendations to Client Manager, and implement recommended changes for Clients if required.
- Negotiate new business terms, renewal terms, Mid Term adjustments and cover extensions.
- Undertake negotiations with insurers as agreed, marketing & negotiating terms as required – fully support the broking function to achieve optimum solution for the client.
- Preparation of comprehensive marketing presentations and the renewal report, working with the Broking Managers to prepare full cover comparisons as required.
- Establish and develop effective working relationships with Insurers and where appropriate, differentiating with the Client; the cover, service and industry knowledge that a specific Insurer could deliver to them,
- Provide on-going communication with the client following queries/alterations and ensure Client Manager is kept appraised of developments.
- Identify revenue development opportunities on allocated Client accounts, using knowledge of products/services within the company, and make recommendations to Client Managers.
- Act as an escalation point for colleagues in relation to contract certainty queries, mentors others as appropriate.
- Professionally represent the company, demonstrating an understanding of Corporate objectives, be seen by colleagues as someone who is supportive and helpful, and continually improve personal knowledge through appropriate training and implement appropriately.
- Take ownership of problems and their resolution, seeking assistance where necessary.
- Comply with regulatory and other standards as directed by line management, and responsible for working in accordance with the Framework, and compliance policies.
As a Client Account Adviser your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- ACII or equivalent is preferred but not essential
- Insurance experience required, ideally gained at an insurance broker
- High level of FCA Principle and Procedures
- Good level of technical knowledge, especially in the major and pecuniary classes, Property / Casualty and Combined
- Organised, with the ability to prioritise work, delivering accurately and on time
- Embrace change and react positively
Tel: 0113 244 0846 Mon to Fri 8.30am - 5.30pm.
Thank you, your application has been sent.
Would you like to receive information about similar jobs?
Set up email alerts now! It's FREE!
Please complete all required fields and/or tick all boxes accordingly.