Major Loss Building Surveyor
Scotland: Central belt, Dumfries & Galloway, Highlands & Aberdeen.
£50,000 - £60,000
An experienced Major Loss Building Surveyor is required to join a global Loss Adjusters offering national Surveying coverage through a network of field-based Chartered Building Surveyors, Building Surveyors, Structural Engineers, Managers and Project Managers fully supported by the nationwide Surveying Technical Support & Major Loss Support Team.
- You will be part of the Major and Complex Loss team who are central to the business where you will manage technical and complex claims ranging from flood damage resulting in Business Interruption to claims associated with catastrophic events. As a Major and Complex Loss Surveyor, you will investigate and provide factual surveying reports to valued Clients and the Major Loss Team within set SLA’s, working in true partnership.
- Upon receipt of instruction, you will investigate and report upon Major and Complex Loss incidents that are subject of an insurance claim for and on behalf of Insurers so as they may consider policy coverage, claim acceptance, settlement and/or recovery. As with most claims of a high value or complex nature, this will require site visits to investigate loss circumstances and damage sustained. You will be handling claims in excess of £250k multi-million pound losses.
- Typically, you’ll work in partnership with Local Authorities, such as building control, solicitors, or emergency services in some extremes regarding liability and prospective loss mitigation contractors. You’ll also liaise with repair contactors regarding the scope and the works required and be the main point of contact to ensure assessment and reporting of settlement options and recommendations via the lead adjuster are communicated appropriately.
Ideally you will be a qualified Surveyor – MRICS, MCIOB or similar preferably with a background in insurance or building reinstatement of damaged buildings managing losses in excess of £250k and in excess of £1m, You’ll also have/be:
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Building construction and Building Regulations
- Up to date technical knowledge and experience with approved structural repair methods, cost valuation and regulatory requirements
- Be knowledgeable and up to date with Health & Safety Legislation
- An understanding of Scottish Insurance legislation/buildings etc.
- Computer literate with MS Office suite and embrace new technologies.
- Willingness to travel to site investigations, with the occasional overnight stay if required.
- A sound understanding of financial aspects coupled with the ability to lead others to achieving agreed targets.
- A high achiever, capable of presenting the product to its best advantage.
- A full clean driving licence and be willing to travel outside of your geographical area when necessary
Salary and Benefits
- up to £60k per annum
- annual bonus
- car or car allowance
- 25 days holiday
- additional holidays to purchase, flexi bank holidays
- life assurance
- cash plan, dental plan and medical insurance
Tel: 0782 111 9773
Adjusting Appointments Limited
PLEASE NOTE: there is an issue with the APPLY NOW form at the moment, we are working on a fix. Please email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org whilst we resolve this. Thank you
Thank you, your application has been sent.
Would you like to receive information about similar jobs?
Set up email alerts now! It's FREE!
Please complete all required fields and/or tick all boxes accordingly.