Insurance Account Handler (Personal Lines)
North West: Greater Manchester, Cheshire.
£18,000 - £18,000
As an Insurance Account Handler, your role will be to provide support to both personal and commercial lines insurance clients to ensure conversion of new business, service of existing accounts and retention of renewals to achieve company income targets in accordance with company procedures and regulatory requirements.
The main tasks of the role are:
Respond to enquiries from clients, brokers and underwriters in a courteous and helpful manner and ensure that all information required by clients or underwriters is obtained and communicated.
- To make outbound calls to clients about new enquiries, chasing outstanding quotes and offering renewal quotations where applicable.
- Complete the key task of "fact finding" to identify clients’ requirements and to provide a quotation to fulfil their needs.
- Using the information gathered, determine which insurers will provide the most competitive rates for the covers required and obtains quotations.
- Discuss any "additional" covers to ensure that all insurance requirements are satisfied.
- Issue written confirmation, providing full details of cover and enclosing proposal(s) for completion.
- Issue invoices and policy documents and update client records.
- Assist with any actions attaching to existing clients on mid-term adjustments and claims.
- Maintain the system for raising renewals, manage the departmental diary system and produce renewal documentation.
- Scrutinise new business documents received from insurers and pass to Administration section for processing.
- Handle referrals from the Administration section in respect of renewals, where appropriate.
- Ensure that the paper files and system records are created for new business and updated following all client contacts.
- Liaise with accounts department to ensure that credit control rules are followed and that cash flow objectives are achieved.
- Chase and receive payments by cheque, credit card and direct debit for new business, renewals and policy amendments. Issue receipt documents and send renewal documents.
- Other duties and responsibilities as may be required by the Managing Director.
We are looking for a candidate who:
- Are highly self motivated
- Can organise and prioritise their own workload, managing multiple ongoing tasks at once
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills and great attention to detail
- Ideally has experience within a sales environment, and is familiar with working to KPIs
Tel: 0161 839 4199
Thank you, your application has been sent.
Would you like to receive information about similar jobs?
Set up email alerts now! It's FREE!
Please complete all required fields and/or tick all boxes accordingly.